Still Active?

May 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Hi,

I'd like to know if this project is still active.

Thanks.
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Hi,

Currently there is no planned change for the project.
If you want to contribute I would be happy to integrate the patch.

Let me know if you need help.

Regards
Zoltan Csizmazia
May 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
IC. I'm impressed in the way you implemented it as it's the closest ideal to what I have in mind. And I become curious about the direction of this project.
The ideal I have is the way things implemented in LOB app like MS Office Accounting 2009. In addition to automatic model discovery, it also has the ability to customize (and persist) UI property control layout into several sections and multiple columns. I think its UI is so dynamic that both inspiring, and confusing, to me... :D

Thus, I'd like to use some of your code and adapt it for my app. How can I do that?

Thanks.
Coordinator
May 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Dear mahara,

First of all sorry for the delayed response but I was not working for this weekend but now here is my response.

I am happy to see you are interested in WpfDynamicUI and it's implementation.

I see now two options for reusing the library:
You can always reuse the source code parts with the License Terms and Conditions:
(C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software.
In this case you can bake whatever you want from the library.

The other option is to create the customization and persist feature in the library.
This could be achieved by patches you provide or by having a PM conversation about the consulting possibilities.

Regards
Zoltan Csizmazia
May 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hi csizo,

Ah, that's fine... I really appreciate your reply.

Yes, I think so. I couldn't use your framework as it is without some modification. I'm currently using MVVM UI architecture using Caliburn Micro in my app. Thus, I'm going to reuse it with some modification, as both UI architecture are different in the way I understand it.
Actually I'm still not so sure how I would integrate both approaches, as I'm still currently trying to understand your framework design and implementation and how it would fit with Caliburn Micro's MVVM style, but I believe I can do it somehow. Your framework is complex enough for me to understand, thus I can only chew it bite by bite... :D

Oh, about the UI layout customization, it's still a raw and fresh idea I have in mind. The reference app I told earlier inspires me, but I'm still not sure how I would implement such thing. It's just I initially thought your framework supported it.

So for now, I think I'm going to learn about your framework first. I'll be surely to attach the License Terms and Conditions you mentioned above for the reused source code parts.

Thanks for your kindness.